My darling husband is a truly chocolate lover and so is our angel. I made this Eggless Chocolate-Coffee Molten Lava Cup Cake last night to give them a warm surprise after dinner, as they were glued to the telly. They were so happy with it that I had to prepare it again immediately 😉 . The cake has a gooey, chocolatey, molten centre and takes only 5 minutes (hardly) to make from scratch.
I can say with full confidence (based on the emotions of my in-house chocolate lovers 🙂 ) that the molten chocolatey lava at the centre of this cake can melt any food/chocolate lover’s heart! It is the perfect answer for that midnight craving ! I have used normal chocolate in this recipe (as I didn’t had the cooking chocolate with me); but if you really like the flowing, bursting molten chocolate then use cooking chocolate for better results.
So, let’s get to the kitchen to kick-start this!
The ingredients for making the Eggless Chocolate-Coffee Molten Lava Cup Cake are :
- Plain Flour (All Purpose Flour/Maida) : 1 Tbsp
- Sugar (Powdered) : 1 Tbsp
- Cocoa Powder : 1 tsp
- Coffee powder : 1/2 tsp
- Milk : 4 tsp
- Salt : A pinch
- Baking Soda : A pinch
- Baking Powder : A pinch
- Butter (melted) : 2 tsp + greasing
- Chocolate : A big piece
- Silicon cupcake mould : 1
Take a bowl and sift flour, cocoa powder, coffee, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix well.
Now add the butter and mix it. Then gradually add the milk, 1 tsp at a time and mix well to make sure there are no lumps in the batter.
Grease the silicon cup mould with butter.
Pour half of the batter into the silicon cup, then put the chocolate piece into the centre and cover the chocolate by pouring the rest of the batter.
Place this cup in the microwave and cook it on full power for 30 seconds. Check the cupcake by inserting a stick in the centre; if it comes out clean, it means it is done.
Take out the cup cake from the microwave, and allow it to rest for a few seconds. Then demould (invert) the lava cake in a plate. The chocolate lava will come out when you cut the cake.
Serve this Eggless Chocolate-Coffee Molten Lava Cupcake warm and enjoy the winter !
Insider Tips / Finer Points :
- Each microwave is different, time varies in every microwave. So adjust the timing accordingly. My microwave is 900 watt and cake done in 30 seconds.
- Do not over cook it as it will become dry and rubbery.
- Serve this cake warm as the chocolate starts to harden, when it gets cold.
- If you like to make fully chocolatey then replace the coffee with cocoa powder.
- If you want the flowing molten lava, then use any cooking chocolate instead of normal ones.
- If you don’t have silicon cups, you can use any microwaveable dish.
- You can serve the lava cake with ice cream or with berries (strawberry)